Loyal readers, I know that I have not updated the site with new content for longer than I’d prefer. Rest assured that I have been working on a number of pieces, all of which are close to being finished. I’ll either make them available here or put links here so that you can get to the content.
But for those of you who are hungry for more content, here’s an overview of the pieces that are coming:
- Insurance coverage for an improperly named insured. The article discusses an insurance company’s duty to defend a lawsuit brought against an insured wrongly named in or served with a complaint.
- Insurance coverage for data breaches. The article discusses the various forms of insurance that should respond to allegations of a data breach.
- Discovery of reinsurance in the context of insurance coverage litigation. Recent cases and other materials have demonstrated that reinsurance is relevant to insurance coverage disputes, and the piece provides both an overview of why and a discussion of new decisions and public information confirming the relevance.
- Insurance coverage for trespass to chattels claims. Trespass to chattels is probably something you’d never think that you’d hear after the first year of law school ended. But the theory has been used recently in the context of cyber security claims. The piece discusses insurance coverage for such allegations.
- Insurance coverage for cloud computing risks. Cloud computing is the next big thing, it seems. Insurance for such risks will have an ever increasing importance as cloud computing becomes more prevalent, and this piece discusses potential sources for coverage for such risks.
This blog is for informational purposes only. This may be considered attorney advertising in some states. The opinions on this blog do not necessarily reflect those of the author’s law firm and/or the author’s past and/or present clients. By reading it, no attorney-client relationship is formed. If you want legal advice, please retain an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. The opinions expressed here belong only the individual contributor(s). © All rights reserved. 2009.