Looking for a fantastic seminar devoted to risk and insurance? Are you a risk manager? Are you part of the insurance industry? Are you someone who helps companies get their claims covered and paid (that’s me! that’s me!)?
Of course, then, you want to attend a risk management seminar with “no boundaries.” Well, look no further. “No boundaries” is how RIMS describes its RIMS12 annual conference for 2012:
If your organization is like most, risk is not confined to just one department. Everyone has risk management responsibilities. At RIMS 2012 Annual Conference & Exhibition, there are no limits to the information and resources available to help you and your organization innovatively minimize risks. You’ll find a wide array of educational sessions offering practical strategies, no matter what your business area. Sessions are offered at all experience levels—from beginner to advanced—so you can design an educational experience that fits your needs. And, the Exhibit Hall is jam-packed with solutions–everything you’ll need for the upcoming year.
The event is from April 15-18, 2012 in Philadelphia.
Not sure whether you should attend? Here’s what RIMS says, and I couldn’t have said it better myself:
The Value of Attending
As the current economic climate continues to affect companies, some critical training and education budgets have been slashed or put on hold. Yet, the need for proper training, innovative tools and resources is greater now than ever before. At RIMS 2012 Annual Conference & Exhibition you will participate in the single most educational, informative conference for risk professionals. Refresh your skill set, pick up new tips and techniques, and network with nearly 10,000 risk professionals.
But just in case you need help justifying the value of attending RIMS to your management, here are the top reasons why you should register today:
- Top-notch education–With 120+ sessions, hot topic sessions, keynote presentations, a jam-packed Exhibit Hall and unique networking opportunities, RIMS ’12 has more new strategies, ideas and practical solutions in one place that you will find anywhere else!
- Keynote presentations–You’ll hear business visionaries share how to best utilize your resources in this time of financial uncertainty, enhance your leadership skills and align effective risk management with your organization’s business goals. Learn how to incorporate successful change management strategies into your risk policy, work in constantly evolving markets and structure your risk program to handle planned—and unplanned—challenges as they arise.
- Industry leaders–Solve today’s challenges with the help of top industry leaders. At RIMS 2012, world-class speakers will discuss techniques and best practices that will advance your understanding of risk management and help you maneuver your risk program past current and future obstacles. This is the knowledge that will ensure your organization’s stability and growth—especially in these demanding times!
- Save your company money!–Attend sessions that will save your company money and take away cost-cutting strategies. Your registration will have paid for itself! View the conference program to find the best sessions to fit your business needs.
- Exhibit Hall–Walk through the Exhibit Hall to meet with service providers and discover thousands of ground-breaking resources, the latest innovations and breakthrough solutions. Hold on to those business cards—they will help you create innovative strategies and find new solutions when you need them.
- Networking–Navigate the twists and turns of developing a successful risk management program with nearly 10,000 leading risk professionals who will bring a fresh perspective to your risk program. We’ve got events such as a grand Opening Reception, keynote presentations, award receptions, Wednesday Night Spectacular and more for you to meet old friends and make new ones.
- Make a difference–Join your peers and give back to Vancouver, our host city, or support the future of the risk management industry. Participate in RIMS Community Service Day or join us for the Spencer Educational Foundation fundraising event. Details on these special events are available in the conference program.
- Global reach–Attendees from more than 50 countries will come together in Philadelphia at RIMS 2012 to learn how to improve their risk program and operate efficiently and effectively in today’s global marketplace. Learn the challenges of doing business in China, balancing operational risks associated with global sourcing, tips for implementing a global risk program, and more! Attend one of the sessions offered in Spanish and Japanese for a truly global perspective. What’s more, you’ll find many multinational corporations and international organizations in the Exhibit Hall.
- Share your knowledge–Host an “everything I learned at RIMS ’12” information session for your coworkers and pass on the new tools and strategies that you acquired, as well as information on the new contacts and solution providers you met.
- It’s the premier industry conference–In terms of learning, networking, solution-sharing, peer exchange and connecting with service providers, RIMS ’12 is the only place where you can find it all. So, join us in Philadelphia and gain the advantage that you need to elevate your profile with your organization!
My session will be CLM203: Cyber Attacks and Privacy Claims: Litigation, Insurance and Crisis Management. Joined by Rick Bortnick and Art Boyle, we’ll be discussing insurance coverage for cyberrisks and privacy claims, including data breaches, denial-of-service attacks, privacy class actions, and other cybersecurity and privacy events:
Cyber Attacks and Privacy Claims: Litigation, Insurance and Crisis ManagementSession Code: CLM203Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2012Time: 8:45 AM – 10:00 AMEvery day, the media reports another major cyber breach. No person or corporation is immune. Government entities, financial institutions, health care providers, Fortune 500 companies and even cyber-security firms are under constant attack. And the inevitable class action privacy breach lawsuits follow. The trend among courts and government regulators has been to allow these suits to proceed to discovery and beyond. The associated costs are increasing exponentially. A single cyber breach could cost tens of millions of dollars. Projections for costs from the Sony breach start at $1 billion. You may think to look to your cyber or tech insurer for help, but what about a straightforward first- or third-party policy or a professional services policy? Is the theft of information covered under a fiduciary policy? How will you address and coordinate the crisis management? Who do you hire? Can a law firm help? And while an increasing number of underwriters offer cyber-insurance products, many claims professionals are not yet familiar with the coverages or how to evaluate and handle the resultant claims. Become better informed with a debate on cyber risks and litigation, crisis management, loss control, the applicability of insurance and cyber-risk strategies.Panel
Interested in attending? Then head on over to the RIMS 2012 website to register.
This blog is for informational purposes only. This may be considered attorney advertising in some states. The opinions on this blog do not necessarily reflect those of the author’s law firm and/or the author’s past and/or present clients. By reading it, no attorney-client relationship is formed. If you want legal advice, please retain an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. The opinions expressed here belong only the individual contributor(s). © All rights reserved. 2011.