Join me for the ABA Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee’s 2012 Annual CLE Seminar in Tucson, Arizona!
You know that insurance touches every aspect of litigation, not to mention its importance in the context of corporate transactions, right? In today’s economic climate, the value of insurance is critical. As an attorney, you want to stay informed about the latest trends in insurance coverage law, right? You’re probably also looking for some CLE credit as well. Do you want to go some place warm this winter? Maybe Arizona?
If you said “yes” to any of those questions, then you should join me at the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort for the ABA’s 2012 Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee (ICLC) CLE seminar, from March 1-3, 2012 in Tucson, Arizona.
Here’s what the ABA ICLC says about the seminar:
Why You Should Attend
Insurance touches every aspect of litigation. In today’s economy, it is critical to stay informed on the latest trends in the law. Join many of the nation’s top insurance company and policyholders’ counsel and other industry leaders at the Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee Annual CLE Seminar. This year’s program once again will provide the same high-quality presentations and valuable networking opportunities as prior ICLC programs.
What You Will Learn
- How to make rain. Learn what clients really want from their lawyers and how to expand business.
- When disasters strike. How insurance coverage can assist the construction, energy, and hospitality industries.
- The credit crisis and how D & O coverage may help pay for these claims.
- How to present coverage issues at trial. Can you make insurance issues interesting?
- Can you overcome insurer bias? Learn from practitioners who have faced these challenges.
- Overlooked and underutilized provisions in insurance policies.
- Privilege issues in insurance coverage litigation.
- Can a policyholder recover consequential damages in the absence of bad faith?
Who Should Attend
- All attorneys who litigate in the area of insurance coverage.
- In-house counsel and seasoned practitioners needing an update from the leading trial lawyers, experts and members of the judiciary on the latest legal developments.
My panel will be the greatest panel ever,* discussing insurance coverage for cyberrisks, including data breaches, denial-of-service attacks, and other cybersecurity events:
Saturday, March 3, 2012
9:05 am – 10:05 am CLE breakout session
Insurance Coverage for Data Breaches, Denial-of-Service Attacks, and Cybersecurity Events, and the Tidal Wave of Class Action Lawsuits Following Data Breach Disclosures.
There has been a recent tidal wave of data breaches, network interruptions, and cyberattacks, resulting in countless class actions. This program will explore how insurance coverage may help fund the costs to defend these lawsuits. Would your insurance policies cover those events? What coverages are available in the marketplace?
Interested in attending? Then head on over to the ABA’s website to register. If you’re looking for the reservations page for the event on the Loews Ventana Canyon hotel website, you can find it by clicking here.
*I cannot guarantee that you will find this to be the greatest panel ever. But you might. Isn’t that good enough for you?
This blog is for informational purposes only. This may be considered attorney advertising in some states. The opinions on this blog do not necessarily reflect those of the author’s law firm and/or the author’s past and/or present clients. By reading it, no attorney-client relationship is formed. If you want legal advice, please retain an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. The opinions expressed here belong only the individual contributor(s). © All rights reserved. 2011.