On March 30, 2010, from 2:00 – 3:40 pm (Eastern), I will be presenting at a CLE teleconference: “The Hot Buttons in Asbestos Insurance Litigation,” hosted by HB Litigation Conferences. My co-presenters will be Barry Buchman of Gilbert LLP andAndrew Frankel of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP.
It should be a great CLE, as the three panelists have a good deal of experience in litigating coverage for asbestos claims, both in coverage litigation in state and federal courts, as well as in the context of asbestos-related bankruptcies, including adversary actions.
Here’s the agenda:
• Choice of law: what rules govern your claims and policies
• Update on current coverage litigation cases that are impacting the litigation
• The contribution issue in light of Keasbey
• Allocation issues–the ol’ debate–pro rata or all sums: the jurisdictions still at play and why
• Multiple party, multiple policy claims on the rise: why and what kinds of cases are we seeing?
• Insurance and bankruptcy: premises/operations claims and standing in a 524(g) plan?
• The big elephant in the room–MMSEA: what are the insurers and self-insured responsibilities with reporting?
This blog is for informational purposes only. This may be considered attorney advertising in some states. The opinions on this blog do not necessarily reflect those of the author’s law firm and/or the author’s past and/or present clients. By reading it, no attorney-client relationship is formed. If you want legal advice, please retain an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. The opinions expressed here belong only the individual contributor(s). © All rights reserved. 2010.